Friday, June 28, 2013

What's a CrossFit Mama?

What is CrossFit and what is a CrossFit Mama? If you search the internet for the definition of CrossFit you will find that it is an exercise program which aims to optimize fitness – “constantly varied functional movements performed at relatively high intensities” – to prepare the trainee for any physical contingency. I have a slightly different definition. CrossFit – Being prepared to follow Christ’s example of sacrificial love in any situation; this is spiritual preparation. I happen to love both definitions of CrossFit and that is where my desire to become a CrossFit Mama comes in – I want to be prepared physically and spiritually for whatever life throws at me. I want to be a living example to my children and others around me of honoring God with my body and living to glorify Him. The physical and spiritual definitions described above are GOALS; I am not there yet – I am a work in progress. The aim of this blog is to chronicle the journey of this mom on my way to become a CrossFit Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment